Monday, May 16, 2011

Birthday Girl

While we were away, my first baby turned five years old! Wow. I really can't believe she's five. She's definitely not a baby anymore, and she outgrew the toddler label long ago. She hardly qualifies as a 'little' girl. And she'll tell you, "I'm FIVE years old! I'm a BIG girl now!"


It was a very exciting milestone to reach. She had a great birthday, and was so happy that she could have a party with her aunts and uncles and cousins. Even though we were away, I was able to make her a special cake. For some reason, she wanted an Ariel themed cake. I had no idea how I was going to do that. But with plenty of blue frosting, and the help of an Ariel candle and some gummy fish, it turned out pretty good. Here are some pictures of Emma's big day.



Quinoa Chocolate Cake - moist, rich, and chocolately!


No comments:

Post a Comment