Tuesday, October 18, 2011

Gratituesday - Thankful for the Vacuum Salesman

Yesterday evening I was just about to get supper going when there was a knock on my door. It was a young woman, and she proceeded to tell me about their company. They were setting up a new business in the area, associated with the Kirby vacuum company, and that they were offering a free rug cleaning demonstration. All I heard was "free cleaning" and I said "Definitely!" :) She said they'd be back in about an hour and a half.

Three hours later (now it's almost 8 pm, kids are in bed....) she returned with the young man doing the demonstration. He was new to the business and was part of a contest so he could win a trip to New Orleans.... Anyway. He did his presentation, showing us how incredibly filthy our carpet really was. He cleaned one of our living room chairs, the area rug, and the ceiling fan. Then we went upstairs to our bedroom where he vacuumed our mattress. Totaly grossed us out with information on bedbugs and dead skin.... and the evening finally concluded (around 9 30 pm) with the shampooing of the carpet in our room.

They offered us an incredible 'deal' on the system, and if we had an extra $1,000 to spend, I just may have taken it, but we had to say "No, thanks."

It was a long evening, but in the end, part of my house is cleaner, my mattress doesn't have so many dust mites, and my carpet is squeaky clean. Oh, and it was FREE. :) This nesting pregnant woman is taking the day off from cleaning!

What are you thankful for today?

This post is linked to Gratituesday at Heavenly Homemakers.

1 comment: