A couple weeks ago I had ordered some coconut flour and I really wanted to use that in the cookies. So, I have spent the past couple days searching for a molasses cookie recipe that uses coconut flour. I found a few recipes, but they either had other flours blended in, or used a lot of eggs. Not what I was looking for.
I am so pleased to announce that it was a success!! Score one for me!! I'll just post the recipe as I made it to save you from the details and methods behind my madness...
Chewy Molasses Crinkles (gluten and dairy free)
3/4 c. brown sugar
1/2 c. melted butter or coconut oil (I used 1/4 c each)
1/2 c. molasses (I used blackstrap, regular is fine)
3/4 c. coconut flour,sifted
2 teas. baking soda
1 teas. cinnamon
1 teas. ginger
1/2 teas. cloves
1/4 teas salt
- Heat oven to 375.
- Beat brown sugar, melted butter, molasses and eggs in a large bowl with electric mixer on medium speed. Stir in remaining ingredients, execept granulated sugar.
- Lightly grease a cookie sheet, or line with parchment paper.
- Drop spoonfuls of dough into small bowl with granulated sugar. Roll to coat in sugar.
- Place balls on prepared cookie sheet.
- Bake for 9-10 min.
- Remove from pan to wire cooling rack.