box of powdered pectin
3/4 - 1 cup honey (I used 3/4, grape juice is pretty sweet already)
- Add honey, and bring to a rolling boil again. (Add 1/2 teas butter to reduce foaming, if desired.)Boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from heat, and ladle into hot canning jars.
- Place lids on jars.
- Put jars in a hot water bath. Bring to a boil and process for 10 minutes.
- Turn off heat. Remove cover from canning pot, let jars sit for 5 minutes.
- Remove jars from hot water. Let them sit on the countertop until cooled down.
- Check that lids are sealed.
As you can see, I got about 4 and 3/4 jars (they were 8 oz jars) of jelly.
I'm linking this up to Simply Sugar and Gluten Free's Slightly Indulgent Tuesday. Check it out for some awesome recipes made bit healthier! (not necessarily gluten free!)