Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Beginnings

          Well, every blog starts somewhere, so here we go! My name is Karen. I am a pastor's wife and mom to three wonderful children. Our family lives with gluten intolerance (except my husband, but between you and me, he's just in denial..) We are a missionary family to the United States. Yes, maybe that seems odd to you, but here's a quick fact: we do not live in a God-fearing nation, or maybe you knew that? There are millions of people right in our backyard who need to know the love of God.
          One thing that the Lord has put on my heart lately is how fleeting life is. I'm starting this blog because I want to remember the days. I want to look back and see what we've been through, and remember the blessings.
          Life is seasonal. Not just in years, but how the Lord works in us, changing us to be more like Him, teaching us more of His ways, allowing us to know Him more deeply, intimately.
          I am excited to see what the Lord has in store for us this year. I hope you will join me as I strive to fulfill my high calling as wife and mother. I'm learning as I go, I promise I do not have all the answers! We'll learn together. ;)
   
  Ecclesiastes 3:1 ~ To every thing there is a season, and a time to every purpose under the heaven.

1 comment: