Monday, February 21, 2011

Kids in the Cupboard and 'Meatballs'

Here is one of my kids favorite snacks. It's easy to throw together, and super yummy! I found the recipe on the back of our brown rice cereal box.

Crispy Rice Balls
1/2 cup natural peanut butter (chunky or creamy)
1/2 cup honey
1/2 cup finely chopped nuts (pecans are especially tastey in these, but it really doesn't matter..)
1/2 teas. vanilla
1/2 teas. cinnamon
2 cups crispy brown rice cereal

Combine the first four ingredients in a medium size mixing bowl. Add cereal and stir to combine. You could put this into a 9x13 pan and chill. I like to make individual balls using my handy dandy cookie scoop. Put the balls onto a cookie sheet and chill in the refrigerator until firm. I usually get 2 dozen balls, give or take a few..... ;)
Julianna calls them 'meatballs'. LOL.


And a picture of my 14 month old munchkin, just 'cause he's too cute :)




1 comment:

  1. I like them meatballs! That munchkin in the cupboard though puts a big smile on my face this morning. Love ya!!

    ReplyDelete